Sunday, April 20, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014

What an April!

We're two thirds through it now, poets.

For me this one has been delicious for a number of reasons.

So far I've racked up a record SEVEN COMMENTS on my posts.  Yeah, I don't kid myself, I know I'm small potatoes but in past years I've posted a call for people to comment to let me know they're reading, and still not gotten that many, so this feels warm and fuzzy.  I'm talking more with fellow poets about what we're each posting (y'all know who you are and I'm grateful for you) and we're sharing prompts and resources (check a few posts back where I share a whole host of bookmarks).

I've gotten way more views of my blog in this month, too (not least of all because of how popular and viral the whole Veet issue was for a minute there and my decision to write something about it right in that moment).

Also, I haven't missed a day yet, knock on wood.  This is largely because I've been more forgiving with myself this year.  In past years I got behind and started feeling guilty about it.  I started this year deciding to be more lax on myself, even saying I'd allow myself to post in US-time instead of Taiwan-time, so often I post after midnight here but consider it fine since it's still early afternoon back in the states.

How is your April going?  Do you like what you're writing?  Do you like what you're reading?  What do you plan to do with your work afterward?

We're in the home stretch, folks.  Just a week and a half left.  See you at the finish line.

1 comment:

Taidgh Lynch said...

No need to go hard on yourself. I think that's when things start to go wonky - when I put far too much pressure on myself. So far I've had a lot of fun and wrote poems and tackled themes I normally avoid. Having fun is important.

This year I've read good poems and followed great poets.

I plan to keep on writing everyday when April ends and I'll go crazy on editing my poems from NapoWriMo.